June 2014, at Land of Medicine Buddha
Just as yoga helps bring us home to our bodies, writing helps bring us home to ourselves. Drawing inspiration from both disciplines, we’ll create a nurturing space in which to explore new ideas and develop our own essential truths. Here, our personal experiences serve as traveling guides, and our imaginations glow like candles in the window, inviting us home.
Retreat Location and Itinerary
Nestled into the redwood groves of Soquel, California, Land of Medicine Buddha is the perfect place in which to nurture ourselves, and to feed our creative urges! It’s about 80 miles south of San Francisco, and 8 miles from the sparkling beaches in Santa Cruz. Together in this beautiful environment, we’ll enjoy
• Writing workshops (guided and unstructured activities for writers in all genres)
• Gentle yoga classes, designed for beginning to advanced yoga practitioners
• Photography walk
• Chocolate-infused writing session, courtesy of EarthHoney Chocolates
• Access to the Tibetan Buddhist Library materials and the Wish Fulfilling Temple
• Six farm-to-table, vegetarian meals
• 2 nights’ lodging (single or double-occupancy rooms; prices adjusted accordingly)
You may also schedule a massage, collaborate on your writing projects, or take a 6.5 mile run/hike through the Enchanted Forest. Avail yourself of these experiences and more, in this transformative place!
This retreat is designed to accommodate writers in all genres, published or unpublished. Yoga classes are suitable for newcomers and advanced practitioners, and the photography walk is geared toward hobbyists, as well as skilled photographers.